Kebbi State Governor, Nasir Idris, has pledged
government support for the families of 10 police officers who were killed
during a gun battle with terrorists in the state.
Governor Idris made the pledge on Tuesday, August 11,
2026, when a delegation from the Nigeria Police Force, led by Deputy
Inspector-General of Police Umar Dada, paid him a condolence visit at the
Government House in Birnin Kebbi.
The governor condoled with the Inspector-General of
Police, Olatunji Disu, and the entire Nigeria Police Force over the death of
the officers, noting that they were killed while carrying out their
constitutional responsibilities.
He explained that the officers had been deployed to
the area to support other security agencies in the fight against terrorism and
other forms of criminality.
“I want to console the IGP and the entire Nigeria
Police Force over the sudden death of these officers,” Idris said.
He added that supporting the families of security
personnel who die in the line of duty was part of Kebbi State’s tradition.
“It is our tradition in Kebbi to support the families
of fallen security personnel who lose their lives in the line of duty. The
Kebbi State Government will come to the aid of the families of the officers who
lost their lives,” he said.
Earlier, DIG Umar Dada conveyed the condolences of the
Inspector-General of Police to the governor, the people of Kebbi State and the
families of the fallen officers.
Dada assured the governor that the police would
intensify efforts to identify, arrest and prosecute those responsible for the
attack.
“Please, be rest assured that we are not going to
relent in our efforts. All those responsible for the attack will be arrested
and brought to book,” he said.
The DIG also commended the Kebbi State Government for
its continued support to the police and other security agencies operating in
the state.
He disclosed that a new police squadron would soon be
established in Kebbi State as part of efforts to strengthen security operations
and improve the protection of lives and property.
The police delegation visited the state following the
killing of the 10 officers and other individuals during a gun battle with
terrorists along the Rafin Makuku axis of Sakaba Local Government Area.
The governor’s pledge is expected to provide
assistance to the bereaved families, while the planned deployment of additional
police resources is aimed at strengthening security operations and preventing
further attacks in affected communities.
Comments:
Leave a Reply