Tuesday, August 18th 2026

Jude Okoye Denies Peter's $1.2 Million Royalty Diversion Allegations, Says Claims Are False


Jude Okoye Denies Peter's $1.2 Million Royalty Diversion Allegations, Says Claims Are False
17 views
    Share :

Music executive and former P-Square manager Jude Okoye has dismissed allegations made by his younger brother, Peter Okoye (Mr P), accusing him of diverting over $1.2 million in royalties and engaging in financial misconduct.

In a lengthy video titled "Debunking the Lies," Jude addressed several of the claims Peter made in his recent tell-all series, insisting that the issues had already been investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and are currently before the court.

Responding to Peter's allegation that he and Paul Okoye diverted a royalty payment of about $25,000, Jude said the payment was processed based on instructions Peter personally gave in 2016.

According to him, an email from digital distributor Iroko showed that Peter requested his share of the royalties to be paid directly into his personal account, while the remaining balance belonging to Jude and Paul was paid into the Northside Entertainment account.

Jude also rejected Peter's claim that he was removed as a signatory to the company's bank accounts. Displaying what he described as the official bank mandate, he maintained that Peter remained a signatory to all P-Square accounts and said the same documents had already been tendered before the court.

Addressing another allegation, Jude denied delaying the release of P-Square's music catalogue backend records. He stated that Peter requested the records in October 2022 and received them just six days later, adding that download logs allegedly confirmed the files were accessed on the day they were sent.

He further disputed Peter's claim that he had only recently started receiving royalty payments in U.S. dollars, presenting what he said were payment records showing that Peter had been receiving dollar-denominated royalties since 2012.

On the allegation that more than $1.2 million in royalties was diverted, Jude insisted that all payments and distributions were properly documented and shared in line with existing agreements.

He concluded by accusing Peter of attempting to influence public opinion through social media while the case remains before the court, stressing that he would refrain from discussing matters still under judicial consideration beyond correcting what he described as false claims.

 

Comments:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *