Monday, August 17th 2026

NSCDC Arrests POS Operator Over Alleged Sexual Assault of 14-Year-Old Girl in Kwara


NSCDC Arrests POS Operator Over Alleged Sexual Assault of 14-Year-Old Girl in Kwara
13 views
    Share :

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Kwara State Command, has arrested a 36-year-old Point-of-Sale (POS) operator, AbdulGaniyu AbdulRahman, over the alleged sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl in Ilorin.

The Command's spokesperson, Ayoola Michael Shola, disclosed the arrest in a statement issued on Friday, July 31, 2026.

According to the statement, the suspect was arrested after the victim's father reported the matter to the NSCDC Gender Unit, alleging that his daughter had been repeatedly sexually assaulted by AbdulRahman.

Preliminary investigations revealed that the suspect, who operates a POS business in the Alfa Yahaya area of Adeta, Ilorin, became acquainted with the teenager through his business premises.

Investigators alleged that he repeatedly lured the victim to his POS shop and an uncompleted building, where he allegedly assaulted her on several occasions.

The NSCDC further stated that the suspect allegedly threatened to kill the victim if she disclosed the incidents to anyone, a threat that reportedly prevented her from speaking out for some time.

The victim also told investigators that during one of the alleged incidents, the suspect gave her a locally prepared herbal mixture to drink, after which she reportedly became weak and disoriented.

As part of the investigation, the teenager underwent a medical examination, which reportedly revealed evidence of a previous hymenal injury consistent with prior sexual activity.

The NSCDC said the suspect will be arraigned in court upon the conclusion of investigations.

Reacting to the incident, the Kwara State Commandant of the NSCDC, Commandant Abbas Nda Mohammed, condemned all forms of violence, abuse, and exploitation involving children, describing such acts as a serious violation of the rights and dignity of minors.

He reaffirmed the Corps' commitment to protecting children and other vulnerable persons, warning that anyone found guilty of offences involving minors would face the full weight of the law.

The commandant also urged parents and guardians to maintain close communication with their children, monitor changes in their behaviour, and promptly report suspected cases of abuse to security agencies for swift intervention.

 

Comments:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *