Tuesday, May 19th 2026

ICPC Dismisses Claims El-Rufai’s Wife Was Denied Access to Deliver Food


ICPC Dismisses Claims El-Rufai’s Wife Was Denied Access to Deliver Food
3 views
    Share :

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has dismissed allegations made by the wife of former Kaduna State governor Nasir el-Rufai that she was denied access to deliver food to him while he remains in custody.

Speaking to journalists at the ICPC headquarters in Abuja, ICPC spokesman John Odey described claims contained in a viral video interview by one of el-Rufai’s wives as false and misleading. Odey said the commission’s access control policy applies to everyone without exception, allowing visitors into the premises between 9am and 6:30pm.

The spokesman stated that the woman in the complaint allegedly arrived at about 7pm, which is outside the approved visitation period. He added that although she arrived late, her family had already been granted access earlier the same day.

According to Odey, on the Friday in question, one of the defendant’s wives and a housemaid were allowed to bring food to him at least three times between 10:30am and 5:30pm. He also said the ICPC displayed entries from the visitors’ register showing multiple visits by the family members to deliver meals including breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

ICPC further rejected claims that el-Rufai was denied access to medical personnel. Odey said the commission only requires proper identification and formal authorisation before granting access to anyone claiming to be part of his medical team. He also explained that el-Rufai had previously been allowed to see his dentist and eye doctor under official escort after written requests were submitted.

Describing el-Rufai as a high-profile politically exposed person, the ICPC said stricter security procedures are necessary for the protection of him and others in custody.

The commission also denied that el-Rufai’s detention is politically motivated, insisting the case is purely judicial. Odey said el-Rufai remains in custody because he has not yet met the conditions attached to his bail. He added that once el-Rufai fulfils those conditions, the ICPC would release him.

Odey also dismissed rumours about the former governor’s health, saying he is hale and hearty. He noted that el-Rufai himself has not accused the commission of mistreatment or persecution, stating that there is no complaint from el-Rufai.

Comments:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *